Are you relying on your IT to create Data Models & Business Intelligence?
If you want to become good at creating Self Service Business Intelligence (BI) using the excellent and extensive Microsoft tool sets, you must learn how to become a data modeller using Power Pivot.
In this practical, hands-on Power Query, Power Pivot & Power BI workshop, this is exactly what you will learn. Our expert approach in this Online training course makes it accessible to become an Excel Pro.
At the end of the 2 days you will be well on you way to becoming a Power BI, Power Pivot and Power Query Ninja!
This PowerBI MasterClass introduces the exciting world of business analytics to you.
In the Microsoft Power BI workshop, you will learn the skills to be the best business analyst and gain insights into your data quickly. You will be able to efficiently use Power BI, Write DAX Measures and Use Power Query to clean and load data.
Finally, you will learn how to publish the final dashboards and reports to the Microsoft Power BI Service in the cloud and refresh data automatically.
The course starts first by highlighting the critical Advanced Excel functionality useful for data analysis.
Then we move to Power BI tools – Power Query, Power Pivot & Power BI – all built into Power BI Desktop training to help you visualize and analyze information quickly and efficiently.
The Power BI Data Analysis & Visualization MasterClass Training covers:
- Importing and creating relationships between tables of data.
- Understanding the optimal data structure to use in PowerBI.
- Writing basic Data Analysis eXpressions (DAX) formulas to extract business insights.
- Then write more advanced DAX formulas that use the power of DAX to extract additional business insights from the data that are not immediately obvious (yet are inherently available).
- An introduction and overview of Power Query. It covers How to use the tool to load data and cleanse it automatically in the future with fantastic Power Query.
- Helping Excel professionals move from being an average user of Excel to being a Power BI analyst, covering the differences between the tools and how to start using Power BI Dashboards effectively.
Course Outline for Online Power BI MasterClass
Day One: Data Visualization Fundamentals With Microsoft Power BI
- When and Why to Use Power BI
- Tour of the Power BI Environment
- Loading Data from Hundreds of Data Sources
Power Query Deep Dive
- Various Methods of Data Loading with Power Query
- Tradeoffs in Loading Techniques
- Best Practices of Loading & Cleaning Data in Power Query, a built-in tool within Microsoft Power BI.
- Create a Data Model of Multiple Tables within Power BI
Introduction to Formulas and DAX using Microsoft Power BI
- Named reference syntax
- Similarities to traditional Excel
- Measures (Calc Fields) vs. Calc Columns
- COUNTROWS() and DISTINTCOUNT()
- Best practices of using Aggregator & Iterator Functions in Power BI Measure creation
- Working with Multiple Tables using Power BI
Relationships: the End of VLOOKUP?
- Data Tables vs. Lookup Tables
- Multiple Data tables in a single model
- Troubleshooting your “relationship problems”
- Exercises to cement your learning
- The Magic of DAX Measures in Microsoft Power BI
Calculate Function: The Magic of Calculating Anything
- The CALCULATE() function.
- ALL(), percentage of totals, and “cancelling slicers.
- Introduction to Time Intelligence: Date/Calendar Tables
- Running totals – Year to Date,
- Change versus Prior Month/Year Etc.
- What-if Analysis using Disconnected Tables and Slicers
Day Two: Advanced Data Visualization With Power BI
Recap and More DAX
- Recap of previous day
- Theory of the Vertipaq engine
- Filter() , Custom Calendars.
- DAX Patterns for common problems using Power BI
- Counting things that didn’t happen (eg customers without purchases)
- Custom time intelligence patterns
- When to use it and why
- Built-in transformations
- The “M” language
- Using Power Query to solve real-world problems.
- How to Keep Your Files Small and Your Calculations Fast
- The theory behind compression Sharing and Refreshing Workbooks
- Different Web Hosting options (SharePoint and Power BI)
- Options to refresh workbooks easily
- Creating Advanced Reports and Dashboards with Power BI
- Advanced Power BI Visualizations
A detailed review of what is different about Power BI vs Excel.
- Learn to think differently and use the visualizations available.
- Publishing Dashboards to Power BI Services
A detailed review of the cloud offering, including sharing, Q&A, Analyze in Excel, and publishing Dashboards to Mobile Apps.
- Using Power BI Mobile
- Microsoft’s Best Kept Secret Unveiled
- Cube Formulas
- General Q&A
This Power BI MasterClass Workshop has been rated the Best Online Power BI Training Course by several of our participants, Companies and HRs.
Online Power BI MasterClass – Course Objectives
The main objective of this MasterClass Course on Power BI is to teach you how to analyze and visualize data using the Microsoft Power BI Tool easily.
Data Analytics and Visualization With Power BI course helps to make you understand the Power BI suite of products available from Microsoft and be a Power Ninja in analyzing, visualizing & understanding Business Intelligence Reporting with Microsoft Power BI Courses.
- Understand Power Query to load data from any source and cleanse it
- Learn to Create DAX Measures, and how to apply them to your job.
- Achieve better and faster results than with existing Microsoft tools.
- Produce valuable KPI metrics for your business that never existed before.
- Learn the best tips & tricks to solve complex problems & create stunning work.
This 2 Day Power BI Data Analytics and Data Visualization Training Course will be held online, using Zoom.
Learn Power BI With the Best Power BI Trainer: Mr. Vinai Prakash
Learn Power BI and visualize data to gain insights into your data immediately. Present data in charts and dashboards over the Power BI service, offering auto-refresh on a daily or hourly basis.
Corporate Power BI Trainings
A Power BI Corporate Training can be arrange for only your company employees. We have conducted several Corporate Training Workshops on Microsoft Power BI at MSD, MasterCard, Rolls Royce, NUH, GSK, Shell, NIIT, Manulife, SIA, Sony, SP Power, Samsung and several other government and private organizations in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, Egypt, Zimbabwe, Australia and Japan.
The Public & Corporate Training workshops have been very well received, and we are the top provider of Corporate Trainers for Power BI, Python, Tableau, SQL, Advanced Excel, Power Point, Power Apps, Power Automate etc.
Pre-Requisites for Online Power BI MasterClass
It would be good if you have Basic knowledge of Excel, and can write simple formulas like SUM, IF, Nested IF, and:
- Light usage of Excel PivotTables (or similar data analysis tools)
- Familiarity with Excel functions like SUMIF and VLOOKUP are a plus
- A passion for acquiring Data Analysis & Data Visualization Superpowers
- Note: Anyone with Database, BI, Programming, or similar experience is quite qualified to take this course, even if lacking in Excel experience.
Microsoft POWER BI Desktop training: The Power BI Desktop software is available for download from the Microsoft website for free. We will provide you with a copy of the application for use in the class.
You can use your Laptop or Desktop for this Practical Power BI training session. Make sure that your PC is fully loaded with the latest version of Power BI Desktop for your use in the Power BI Course, conducted online.
Target Audience for Online Power BI Course
This Data Visualization With Power BI Training is suitable for beginners. But it is good if you have decent experience in Excel.
- Intensive users of Excel, especially those responsible for reporting and analysis.
- This training is useful for Bankers, Finance, and Accounting Executives who deal with a large amount of data and can change it into actionable form.
- Data analysts can use it to derive complex performance analyses for actions to be taken.
- Business users also use it to observe changes in data patterns to understand the performance of their investments in marketing, sales, and advertising.
- Organizations looking to leverage
Microsoft’s groundbreaking Power Pivot & BI offerings.
- Business Intelligence and Database professionals looking to increase their professional agility and dramatically expand their capabilities.
- The Excel Data Analysis training complements this course, if you use Excel for data analysis & Dashboard creation.
How To Register for Online Power BI MasterClass
Register for the 2 Days of PowerBI Data Visualization Training MasterClass today by simply clicking on the chosen course date available at the top of this page.
Call us at +65 9066–9991, or Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Submit an online enquiry if you have any questions regarding Power BI Masterclass for Data Visualization training. Online courses on Power BI can be conducted for groups of 10 or more participants.
We also offer Corporate Training for this Data Visualization Workshop, if you have a group of 15 or more people. We can arrange to conduct the Power BI training at your office location too.
Learn analyzing and visualizing data with Power BI directly from the Best Microsoft Power BI Trainer – Mr. Vinai Prakash, the Founder of ExcelChamp.Net & Master Trainer at Intellisoft Systems.
Testimonials from our Participants who attended the Power BI MasterClass Training
The Power BI Master Class Training helped me to understand the DAX Measures, PowerPivot & Power BI thoroughly. It will help me in cleaning up data and producing management Dashboards. – Neptune Orient Lines Pte Ltd
The PowerBI Training helped me to understand DAX, Learned Power Query, and PowerPivot & Power BI which can be immediately applied to our work. – Asian Development Bank, Philippines
Learned how to load millions of data rows quickly into Power BI, clean the data and create a data model. The amazing capabilities to Design Power BI Dashboards is great. It will help to revamp the manual consolidation files at work. Definitely recommend the PowerBI training for all business users. – Total Gas & Power Asia Private Ltd
The most interesting things were the writing of DAX formulas, the building of complete dashboards from scratch, and the secret formulas to solve everyday simple problems. I learned to use the data cleanup, and it will improve my data visualization skills – Cathy, Singapore Armed Forces
I loved the DAX Calculations and Visual Formatting techniques in creating Power BI management dashboards with our Power BI Trainer Mr. Vinai. He is an expert in conducting the Power BI Workshop, and showed us so many hidden tips and tricks – Mr Neo, Director, AXS
The Power BI course is Full of Examples, Depth of knowledge, ability to reference with what I need at Work, patience & never a minute is boring. The Best Corporate Power BI Training I have ever attended – Jennifer Lee, Rolls Royce Singapore.
Our Power BI Trainer Mr. Vinai Prakash is 1) very good in Storytelling which make it easy for me to understand, 2) he kept the lesson relevant, 3) While we make progress in the lesson, he kept his humor which make the PowerBI certification Course highly interesting. – Cilla Lim, Rolls Royce